Wednesday, January 9, 2013

not so pro pics...

Christmas card pics always give me anxiety.  Getting the perfect outfits and praying the girls are in a good mood to smile, at the same time, naturally and looking at me.  Last year I got this awesome deal (won this thing actually) so I had a gift certificate to get pro pics with the photographer that took Ashley's newborn pics.  We had an appointment made in Oct, but when Hurricane Sandy came, she messed it up.  We rescheduled but then we got snow, REALLY?  I also had a groupon code for our holiday cards so only had until a certain date in November to get the pic uploaded and ordered.  GREAT!  SO, after rescheduling and having the snow storm, I realized it was going to be up to me to get the pic for the cards.  I got the outfits together and took them outside one random afternoon.
Clearly Ash wasn't in the mood....
This was the best I got. Mya's fake smile, but Ash has me rollin!
I mean, really?
I just can't with you, Mya.
A single pic of Mya too, but not looking.  And the smile looks so natural, OY!
Here we are, another day.  We decided to go to Colonial Park.  It's a really pretty park with alot of open spaces to get some great pics, IF YOU'RE LUCKY!  I, however, started this day off unlucky.  The girls were in a uber good mood, all smiles.  We parked by this pond, ready to get some GEMS of the girls looking into the water at the ducks.  I go to take a pic, NO F*$&#$*ING MEMORY CARD!  Are you freaking kidding me??  I looked at Ryan and nearly cried.  WTF is wrong with me?  I said, I'm running home, real fast and coming right back.  Keep them happy?!  Ok, we're fairly close and it still took me about 18 freaking minutes.  By the time I got back, the girls were over the pond and playing at the jungle gyms.  Whatever, it's all my fault anyway.  After a while, we moved them to this bench to try and get something.  This was the best we got of the 2..
Mya was all smiles.
I bribed Ash with a Hershey bar, this is the look she gave me.
And here are some of the outtakes...
Daddy jumped in, Ash was over it for now. 
Ash wanted in on the kissing I guess, cause she ran in.
Mama's turn!
I love pics like this, of them walking, hand in hand...
...love it so much, especially when they have those adorable little expressions on their faces.
MOMMYYYYY!!!!
A little girl, in a big world! 
So we set the camera up on a post and tried to get a family shot, this is the best we got.  So far away, off centered and all.  I zoomed in for Christmas card but still.
All they wanted to do was to play with the snow.
That scrunchy nose, LOVE!
OMG!
..but then I got this!
I think this is the one we used on the card.  It totally is them though, I LOVE it!
Next post will be the outtakes from the actual professional pics, which I LOVE!  Just wish they were here in time!  Sorry for the picture overload but you know, this is narrowed down! lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love them and I cannot wait to see the professional ones! Your girls are adorable!

http://ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com