Monday, January 14, 2013

a little diddy on Ash....

Oh Ash!  This kid is going to give me grey hairs, I kid you not!  SO, I just wanted to document this, since you know, this is my baby book and all.  So, Monday night I'm sitting at my desk, almost ready to leave when Ry calls me.  Here is how our conversation went...
Ryan - "Are you leaving on time tonight?"
Me - "Yes, why?"
Ryan - "I don't know what's wrong with Ash.  She's been really fussy since we got home.  I got out of the car, had my hands full and she started running towards the street.  I went over to her, took her hand and turned her around.  I told her she wasn't getting dessert, no ice cream and she started crying.  Like wouldn't stop.  I didn't know if it was the thought of not getting ice cream or if she's hurt."
Me - "Is she using her arm?  What arm was it?"
Ryan - "Her left arm, and no."
Me - "Ok, leaving now, we'll figure it out when I get home.  Try to get her to use it."
I get home and Ry is sitting with the girls at their table, they're coloring.  I come in and Ash's left arm is just hanging down.  Ryan said that every time she wanted to use a new marker, she'd hand it to Ry with her right hand and say, help.  So we knew there was something wrong.  Ry called the Dr and Mya and I were trying to get her to use it.  Trying to get her to give us a high five or grab something with it, she wouldn't.  The nurse who was speaking to Ry said, "Yea it sounds like she dislocated her elbow, bring her in now, we'll pop it right back in and she'll be good to go."  I've never even heard of dislocating your elbow but later we learned that it's fairly common in children under 4.  It's actually called Nursemaid's elbow.  We get to the Dr and at this point, Ry is feeling so bad.  I felt so bad for him too.  I literally lift her by her hand all the time (I will NEVER do it again).  When your hands are full, it's nearly impossible to get down and lift her by her waist.  The nurse made him feel a hell of alot better saying, "you know how many times I had to yoke my boy up to get him from running in the street, please."  Ry liked her, also had to do with the fact that she's so against having more than 2 kids, so she was on his side in that aspect.  I liked her till she kept saying, your crazy if you want 3, it's an odd number and then you kinda just gotta make it 4 which then makes you CRAZY!  lol
Anyway, the Dr came in, Dr Booker, my FAVORITE at that practice (he was really tied with Sungh but after this appointment and seeing him in a Van Heusen dress shirt and bowtie, pushed him to the #1 position.  A Dr with fashion sense and buying OUR brand, SCORE!).  He came in with a lollipop and a few stickers.  Ash was in my arms, not using that hand.  He went up to her and he showed her the sticker, holding it up to her, seeing if she wanted it.  Of course, it was Elmo, she grabbed it, with her right hand.  He then, holds up the lollipop.  Since her right hand had the sticker in it, usually she'd have just taken it with the left.  This time she set the sticker down on my shirt and took the lollipop with her right hand as well.  The Dr smiled, smart he said!  He started moving her arm around, pushing, feeling and what not.  He was telling us all about dislocating the elbow.  He said it's def what happened and he was just going to pop it back and she'd start using it again instantly.  He messed with her arm and she was screaming.  After less than a minute, he said, ok I didn't feel it pop, but I'm going to leave the room and will come back in 2 minutes ones she's calmed down.  She may have popped it back in herself.  Once she's ok, try to give her another sticker with her left hand and move the arm around.  Sometimes they don't use it right away cause it's swollen.  So he leaves the room.  A few seconds later, she stopped crying, Ry came over, took her arm and rotated it, he goes, "I swear to god, it just popped 2 times."  And no joke, with that, she lifted her arm.  WTF!?!!!  Dr Dad??!!!!  The Dr comes in and she's FINE, like nothing has ever happened.  We're so glad it was such a quick and easy fix.
Waiting to get called into see Dr Booker
After we hit up Thomas Sweets, couldn't not go there.
Oh and just to document this.  We had her 18 month checkup (she was really 19 months at the time of the appointment).  Here are her stats:
Height - 34" (95%)
Weight - 24lbs 10ozs (50%)
The Dr was giving me shit cause she hasn't gained alot since last appointment.  Literally had me sitting there for an hour going over all the food groups and what to do.  Meanwhile the guy was overweight and listening to an overweight person preach about healthy weights, yada yada, really ticks me off!  I'm not new at this, she is my 2nd child.  Whatever, I'm not worried and I'm pretty sure I know to give my kid carrots over ice cream, IDIOT! 

No comments: