Monday, December 16, 2013

two and a half

HOLY COW, how is Ashley half way to 3?  I feel like I blink and she grows, it's unreal!  I can still absolutely remember the day I went into labor with her and literally could have sworn she was going to be born on our living room floor or the hospital parking deck!  Man, what a memory that is!  She is now a little girl.  It's so fun watching her grow and develop an amazing, strong, crazy little personality all her own.  She totally lives into her li-li nickname, it just fits her so well.  She is so strong willed and the faces she makes when she doesn't want me to do something, like brush her hair, or get her clothes on, kill me!  I just laugh, well sometimes I just laugh, other times I want to run and hide.  She has literally made these past 2.5 years so interesting and I'm pretty sure she's already given me a few gray hairs (that are hidden by my wonderful hair stylist!).  I wouldn't change her for the world though.  She fits into our family like a glove, quite possibly the last glove no less!  We always love to make her feel special and her half birthday was no different.  We sang happy birthday and gave her extra loves and hugs that day.
 Singing along with us, lol.
 Shortly after all clothes came off for some sticker time. 
 Those eyes though....
 Her masterpiece.
A few more tid bits about this little bird.  She's FULLY potty trained and literally did it on her own and was done with diapers and into undies in 1 day! She may have pooped her pants a few times through the first week, but hey, she made it.  Since Nov 4, she's been diaper free for pee, poo and nighttime!  WHOOOHOOO!!!!  
She talks full sentences and has been for a LONG A$$ TIME.  Says her ABC's, can count to 20, likes to color with Mya but LOVES to play with her babies, cook in her kitchen and play dress up.  She also loves to help me bake, but I know it's cause she licks the spatula at the end and will go in for tastes when I'm not looking too.  Or she'll just keep saying, "just one more taste, mama?"  LOL, I can never say no!  She is a bird when it comes to eating and gets most of her goodness at breakfast when she eats most of my eggs with lots of veggies with me.  She picks at dinner and will only really eat the carbs.  But sometimes she will surprise us and eat the protein and veggies too.  However, she's always got room for dessert, she gets that from her mama for sure!  Bedtime is a freaking disaster cause she will literally lay there with me and chat the entire night if I let her.  She loves when I sing her twinkle twinkle at night and somtimes I literally sing it for 5 minutes straight, god I wish there were more verses.  Her laugh kills me and her little voice is just the sweetest.  I couldn't feel more blessed with this little love muffin.  However, she's a pain in the butt to get dressed in the morning, ALREADY!  She'd rather be naked and has SUCH an opinion on her clothes, just like her big sissy.  It drives me wild.  She would wear the same, 'green tutu dress from Mimi' everyday if I let her!  Sometimes I have to hide it from her.  She loves adventure and you can find her downstairs with all the couch cushions on the ground, jumping off the couch into them while screaming, "COW-A-BUNGAAAAA" (although it sounds more like cow-a-bun-ya) most days, naked of course!
She's skinny as a twig and her little hiney in undies KILLS ME, EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! 
She had this extra long rats tail forever.  An extra long curl, that hung down pretty far down her back.  Everytime we were going to cut it, I'd chicken out and get all emotional and tell Ryan no!  So when Ry told me that he cut it a few weeks ago and threw it out, I nearly fell over.  The tears were at the verge of my eyes and I wanted to make him run to the dumpster to find that little curl to save forever in a little baggie.  I've gotten over it, maybe?  But damn, men are so clueless!  He's lucky I really love the crap outta him or I'd really have made him go to the dumpster, lol!
Well, that's about it for now.  Happy half birthday to my little sass queen, snaps, li-li, hurricane child.  Mama loves you to pieces, always and forever....

1 comment:

Regan said...

love you ash, you are stinking cute :)