Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mother's Day!

Mothers Day fell on the Sunday after my birthday.  I really get lucky with having all these special holidays for me back to back.  It started off just as amazing as I thought.  Ry let me sleep in a bit, although my body can't really wake up past 6:30 anyway, I think I maybe woke up at 6:45.  The girls (with the HUGE help of daddy, LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU), made me the most amazing gift.  The first thing I opened were the cards.  Homemade, including Ryan's.  LOVE them, I am such a card person. 
 And the inside of Mya's.
Then the next thing was these 2 tiny flowers to plant.  The big gift came now, and it was this!
The girls hand prints, pics of them as the letter O in mom and a poem in the middle that went like this,
We're your little flowers Mom,
Please help us grow and bloom.
Take the weeds but leave the roots,
and give us lots of room.

Mommy, you are our gardener,
Our sunshine and our rain.
Too much will make us wither,
with enough, we'll bloom again.

We're your little flowers mom,
both different from the rest.
Don't pick us mom, just help us grow,
to do our very best.

Seriously the best gift ever!  I was in tears reading it and had to have Ryan read it to me.  I'm such a mush.
Thank you Ryan and girls, I couldn't love you more.  xoxoxo

To celebrate we had my family and Ryan's brother and mom over for brunch.  I didn't get any freaking pics of the moms, sorry.  But I did get some of the girls, of course! 
As everyone else was inside eating the amazing breakfast sandwich's Ryan was making (bacon or pork roll, egg and cheese on croissants, MMMM!), Ash just wanted to play with the rocks.  Such a little tomboy. 
Ash wouldn't come into the pic, but here's my bean and I.  The little muffin who made me a mommy.
This was the best I got with both of the girls.
Uncle Michael and Uncle Frankie tickling the heck out of the girls!
We are one crazy-loud, fun-loving, big-happy family!
After everyone left and Ash took a nap, we headed out to the park.  It was the perfect day!  It's crazy to see the girls growing and exploring new parts of the park.  Mya is not big enough to climb this big thing.  Made me tear up.
And Ash is big enough to climb this, tear.
Ash loves when Mya pushes her too.  Love the sisterly love they have.  I know they can argue sometimes but I also see the pure love that they have for each other.  The way they have little conversations.  The way Mya is so motherly towards her sometimes.  The way Ash lights up when she first sees Mya every morning.  The way they say each others names.  The little nicknames Mya has for Ash.  Just so so sweet.
LOVE
Come on Ash, come with me.
This kid loves to swing.
And Ash likes to do what her big sissy does.
Me and my girls.
A little video.
Thank you for making my day so special. 
And a very very special thank you to my mom, my best friend, my home slice.  I love you so much mom.  I can't tell you how much more I appreciate you and love the crap out of you now that I am a mother.  I now know the love you have for me and all of the sacrifices you and dad have made for me.  You have guided me in my faith, have taught me how to love and have shown me how to be treated.  I love you so much and am so thankful for you, every single day.   I hope your mothers day was special and memorable.  You deserve that every single day.  I LOVE YOU!  xoxo

No comments: