Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Last day of Pre-k 3 *tear*

I seriously can't believe that I'm writing this right now.  It feels like just last week Mya started pre-school.  I still remember dropping her off for the first day like it was yesterday.  The emotions by me and how brave my little girl was.  NOT ONE TEAR, I'll always remember that.  I remember being so nervous and thinking she was going to cry her eyes out, when in actuality it was mommy crying.  Mya's such a shy little girl at first, but she really didn't even turn around to say bye.  Even with the 2 parent/teacher conferences I remember in the Fall the teacher said there were some days that she'd get upset and tell her that she missed her mommy but by the Spring, she was fine.  Even when she did get sad, still no tears.  I'm so thankful we sent her to the school she went to.  The teacher will always be loved by me, she is so sweet, warm and just loves her kids and you can see it.  She kisses them, hugs them and always has the sweetest things to say about Mya.  Damn I'm gonna miss her next year.
So let me start by a side by side of Mya's first and last day of Pre-K 3.  Can you believe this difference?  OMG I seriously can't.  She looks like a baby on the left and a big girl on the right. 
 And a few more shots from our little shoot before leaving for Titi's.  She insisted on the bag.
No idea what these poses are.
She had me cracking up though.
Big girl.
I met her at school for snack, they told the parents to please join and you know I wasn't going to miss this.  It was a nice (HOT) day out so we all walked over to the pond for snack time.
Ana's mom was saying, show me your teeth.  Ana got it but the rest of them were literally showing their teeth.  These are some of her girlies in class.  Summer, Ana, Lia and Mya.
With the pond in the back.
Done with snack now time to get back to the classroom...
...and play outside for a bit.
 At the end, they called each student up and Mrs Gliese gave them a certificate, book and bag filled with chalk, bubbles, and a little stuffed animal.  LOVE HER!
The lady on the right will be her teacher next year, Mrs Worobey.
Love her.
After class I told her to thank Mrs Gliese for being a great teacher.  I wish I got this on video.  She went up to her and gave her the biggest hug and kiss.  So sweet. 
We love you Mrs Gliese, thank you for paving the way for my little bean.  xoxo
To celebrate her last day, we went to Thomas Sweets after dinner.  Are you surprised?
Mya got chocolate ice cream with gummy bears and both chocolate and rainbow sprinkles.
 Ash got vanilla ice cream with m&m's, Mya was tasting it here!
 YAY!
 LOL!!!
Good times.  I love you beans and am so proud of the little girl you're growing into.  Dream BIG little girl.  xoxo

No comments: