Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mya's first day of Pre-K 4

I can hardly believe that this was the start of Mya's 2nd year of school.  18 more to go!!!! LOL!  I've been talking about going back to school since mid-August and she was a little hesitant.  Saying, I don't want to go to school, I just want to stay at TiTi's.  Made me SO worried about how the first day was going to go.  We've been reading our books about school alot and the kissing hand too (which is one of our favorites).  So the night before, during her tubby, when she said to me, Mommy, I'm not going to be scared tomorrow!  I can't even explain the sigh of relief I felt.  I knew she'd be fine, cause last year, her very first year she walked in and didn't turn back.  But telling me she didn't want to go and that she was scared, gave me so much anxiety.  The last thing that I want for my children is to be scared.  I want them to grow up being confident, strong little ladies. 
I took off for her special day so that I could bring her and pick her up.  I'm so happy I did!  We got up, made pancakes with strawberries for breakfast and headed out!
A couple of pics first though.  I saw this cool dry erase board on Regan's page, so went out to get it so Ry could make it look all good for the pics.  I don't think our colors were vibrant enough.  Oh well.  You get the point!
My little bean!
What a difference a year makes!!! 
My silly little girl...
Ash wanted to join in too!
Before school, we stopped by my moms work cause I wanted to make copies of all of the paperwork I had to turn in.  Mya was posing yet again!  And I wasn't stopping myself short of snapping as many pics as I could!  Just love this little girl.
Her faces kill me!
Could this pic be any cuter??!!!!
My mom got one of the bean and I too...
...Ash even jumped in!
Mya wanted to take a pic too, not so bad girl!
Leaving city hall to go to Mya's school.  The girls were loving the double sets of stairs and made my mom and I go down the opposite side they went down.
GET CLOSER!
We're HERE!!!! 
Had to run back to the car and wanted to get one more pic with the banner.  She had me DYING here!!!!
OFF WE GO!!!!  MOM, STOP TAKING PICS, she kept saying that!  Sorry love.  I'm totally gonna be that mom, following the school bus so I could take pics of her walking into school on her first day of high school.....and maybe college too!
It was so nice we got there the same time as her friend, Lia did!  Lia had on a dress that was her mom's when she was a little girl, HOW CUTE?
So in we go.  We got there a little early, so the girls went into the waiting area and were playing with the toys.  When the door opened, we made our way into the room, before we got in, Mya pulled me down, kissed me and said, "You can leave now mommy."  I was so proud, but also like, HUH, I'm coming in girl, all the other parents are!  She said again, "You don't have to come in mommy."  Ok, I'm not catching on!  LOL!  Ash was too busy trying to get into the room to see the bunny, bubbles.  So that was my excuse, "Honey, Ash wants to see Bubbles, then we'll leave."  Man, is she embarrassed of me?  NO, I think she was just letting me know that she was ok.  She also kissed my hand and held hers open so I could kiss hers.  Once I kissed her's she rubbed it on her heart then held her hand real tight in a fist.  Not sure if ya'll are with me, we read the kissing hand all the time and she loves that book.   We do it every morning at Mary's house.  Mary also told me that everyday when she goes to school, they do it too.  *MELT*
Anyway, here she is in circle time.
And of course, Ash and I went to pick up early to spy.  Here she is during storytime, reading with a college student and Lia.
Then they were outside.  I noticed she was playing ball with 2 of the boy college students.  She had them running all over for that ball, had me dying!
After school, a few days later actually.  Mya told me about this song they learned at school.  It is SO cute and even Ash knows the words now.  Please don't mind her stripes on stripes, she's so on trend with mixing prints and what not! 
So proud of my little bean.  I can't believe how big you're getting.  You are so independent, you truly have such a mind of your own.  All that you do just amazes me.  I love you so much and hope you love every second of this school year.  Man, I also hope you're ready for 5 full days/week next year.  I'm already stressing about that.  Love you so much baby girl, more than anything.  xoxo

No comments: