Monday, April 12, 2010

it's PARTY TIME!!!!

If you think the last post had an overwhelming amount of pics, you ain't seen nothing! I literally took over 600 pics on Sunday at Mya's first birthday party! So these pics have been skimmed down as much as possible. Let me just say that 80% of the Mya pics are taken from the back. I was laughing as I was going through them cause of this. I just can't get enough of her booty and thighs!!! But you'll see what I mean when you see her!!!!!
I started planning this like 2 months ago and it was SO much fun! She only gets one first birthday party so I wanted to make it as special as possible! Here are a few pics of the decorations. I had everyone sign a Little Miss Birthday book as a keepsake!

I made a 1st year timeline of month by month pics of her.

I even made this Happy Birthday Mya banner. We'll be able to use it every year on her birthday!

She got her very one cake!
The spread, we made just about everything (minus the bagels and croissants of course) with the help of my mom and dad!! MMM, it was all so good!!!!
The favors were cookies (OF COURSE) in the shape of a little cupcake with one candle. My mom baked them and Ry and I iced them (Ryan did most of it though, he's really good at this stuff)!
Her party hat! Made this too, although Mya wanted nothing to do with wearing it.
LITTLE MISS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
I love the top views.
The only other little kiddo at the party, Reese, Mya's bestest friend!! Reese is 3 months older than Mya!!!
SO BIG!!!!! Never fails!
Mya with her auntie (and godmother) Rachel and Uncle Willie.
Happy baby girl!!!
She makes the silliest faces!

Trying to take Mimi's glasses, this girl has a fascination with glasses.
Booty shot, like I said can't take that booty! I made those ruffle bloomers, aren't they just edible!!!!



Playing with some toys inside before we got her outside to the beautiful weather! We got SO lucky with the day, it was SOOOO nice out!!! Sun was shining all day long!!!!
With her godmother, love her!
Don't you just love how the tutu stands right up in the back. Must be that booty!


This was my toy when I was younger. When I saw it hanging in my parents garage a few weeks ago, I thought, there is NO way that thing is still safe. Well, sure enough, my parents bought it out, cleaned it off and had it all ready for Mya on Saturday when we were over getting stuff ready for the party. She was LOVING it!!!!

Here ya go mommy! She does love to share!

Cutie pie Reese.

Deweypop teaching her how to garden already (or maybe he's just teaching her how NOT TO rip out the flowers)!! Maybe she can help landscape our place, when we buy a house of course, there is no where to garden on our front patio.
My fabulous sister in law, Alycia, Mya and I.
This is what Uncle Joe was doing all day. Sitting on the computer, following soccer!
Time for birthday cake. Didn't go quite as smooth as it did on her actual birthday. We got her in the high chair and she wanted NOTHING to do with it. She just wanted down. NO CAKE???? Are you my child???? We sang happy birthday (all 40 of us), tried to get her to take a taste and she had a meltdown. Cried, wanted out, just wanted mommy to hold her. FINE, it's your party and you can cry if you want to little bear!


This is the only pic I got of her in the hat. She ripped it right off after it!
Shadow was sitting in the basement window on the side of the house, so we hung out there for a bit! Walking back and forth!
HI SHADOW!!!!!

Mya was showing Reese where Shadow was. How cute is this pic???? I mean really, it's great getting pics of these 2 from such a young age. They'll have these forever! BFF's!

Reese LOVED Shadow. Was giving him kisses through the screen, AWWWWW!!!!!

This pic cracks me up, Mya posing for the camera while Reese is in the background still kissing Shadow!
Mommy to be, Regan and her hubs, John. They're having a girl too in July!!! So many girls coming our way, it's so cute!!!!
Poor Babci wanted to get a pic with Mya and everytime she went to hold her, Mya started balling. Since she can walk, she's not a fan of being held anymore. She'll squirm her way out of your hands as fast as possible. So this was the best I could get of the 2 of them!

I think this set of pics are my fav from the day. The leg chub, the feet, the tutu, the shadow, the hair.....BITE BITE BITE!!!!


Family shot

This is funny, I'm holding Mya and she reaches for Uncle Michael, her godfather. Him being uber excited takes her and she immediately looks up and reaches for the lanterns. Totally used his height to grab those suckers!


She got one!


Mrs I (who was like my 2nd mom growing up) and the other mommy to be, my best friend, Rachel. We go back to when we were in pre-k. It's always SO nice to look back at old pics of us from when we were little. Mrs I just recently put together a photo album of all these pics of us from pre-k to recent, it's SO sweet!!!!
16 weeks prego!!!!! YAYYY BABY!!! Mya will have so many more friends at her 2nd birthday party!!!! Regan and John's baby girl, Colleen and Brando's baby girl and Rachel and Will's baby birdie!!! Gracie too!!!!!
Testing out one of her new chairs that she got from Nona and Deweypop.
She was LOVING the pink beads we got for decorations. On a side note, we will never allow her to go to Mardi Gras!!!!


I'm pretty sure Uncle Joe couldn't see over the steering wheel seeing how lounged back he was in the Chevy.
Testing out her other new chair that she got from Mimi and Poppy. A recliner, that's right people, I said recliner! I think I might have to use this chair when Myas not, it's super comfy!




Shadow stole her seat. She's trying to lure him out with my bangle. He wasn't having it.

Since Mya didn't want to wear the party hat, I did. With all this hard work, someones gotta enjoy rockin it for the day!

Loving her chair and beads!

After we got home, Ry put together her car from Rachel and Will (she got 2 of these, one from Col and Brando too in pink!). She was LOVING it!!!! Ry even had to put some of his car stickers on it, OF COURSE. Although he didn't add the pee lounge sticker, lol!!!!

I love that she's always got her glasses in hand. A true diva!
She was literally jumping up and down in the seat.






gotta love the shades! They lasted about 2 seconds, enough time to snap a pic!
Time for mommy to take a ride, no time for Mya to pose like a lion! Can't you hear her ROARRRRRRRR

3 comments:

Kelly Osmond said...

Oh my Goodness Liz, she is absolutely beautiful! How adorable is that outfit and all the pictures are super cute! It looks like you had a fantastic day. Can't wait to celebrate with you next year.

Regan said...

these pics are great, she cracks me up!!! can't wait till next year, there will be.... 6 kids there then, and so far 5 are girls, LOL

Danielle said...

such an adorable baby girl and party! i love all the pink! happy birthday mya!