Thursday, October 2, 2014

Wildwood here we come!!!!!

Sitting here posting about this, wishing I was still here.  Why does vacation always have to go by WAY.TOO.FAST?!  Anyway, this year, unlike the past 2 years, we headed to Wildwood.  Mary and Joe had originally planned on going to Spain to visit family and we weren't even going to do anything, in an effort to save some loot.  However, after realizing, we'd have to take time anyway to watch girls, we decided to stay a little closer and go to Wildwood.  It was fun, definitely not the same as NC (which I hope we go back to next year), but it was a great time and we really enjoyed ourselves. 
Before driving down to the beach, we stopped at Flynn & O'hara to pick up Mya's school uniform (which a whole post about is coming soon).  We got down there and Mya had to try it on immediately again for Nona and Dewey!  She LOVES it, thank you Jesus!
We made the beds and the 2 littles got right to playing with UNCLE RYANNNNNNNN!
What a week of bonding for him and Ava.  She absolutely adores him, almost as much as he does her.  It's so precious!
These 2 together are a hand full, to say the least!
The view from our deck.
All settled in, time to take a walk to the beach. 
The 3 amigos
Finally, toes in the sand...it was chilly out though.
The sky looked amazing and so does Ava.
Cousin moments.
Daddy got a turn too.
When these 2 are together they are just so crazy!  It's hysterical and kinda funny that they're so calm in this pic!
So we got there on Saturday.  Sunday morning we wake up and get down to the beach, it was so windy.  Like, no joke, the sand was hurting.  So we lasted about an hour before we all decided to leave.  We went grocery shopping and by the time we got back and had put everything away, we headed back up the beach and it was perfect! 
Jumping over waves.
Life is good, but life is even better when you're on the beach with your loved ones.
Snuggles from Nona.
We did lots of playing in the sand.
And Ash did lots of snuggling on the beach.  This is always welcomed!
They had a pretty big tub, which grosses me out since it wasn't ours, but I had a mat down in the bottom.  Still gross, I know.  Whatever.  These 2 kids had fun!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Looking like such a big girl lately. *WAH*
I have never worked out on vaca, besides the random run from time to time.  Since my brothers were going, and we've all been in the zone lately, we decided to go.  We got up every morning around 6 and got back with the 3 kiddies still sleeping.  It was a win! 
The owner of my gym told me about this place, Atilis, it was awesome!  His picture was even hanging behind the counter.  He's in the middle, right next to Arnold!  CRAZY!
My mom and dad were having a contest to see who could hold their legs up the longest.  Guess who won?  My mom, of course!
Pete and his little love.
This is a pic of my pops and Ash playing in the water.
With my little mini.
Ash and Ava playing.
We got turned into mermaids, one of Ashley's favorite things to do!
Twinning! I really wish Ash was in this pic too. 
The last 5 on the beach that day (my mom took the pic).  This was the norm actually.  Everyone else left a bit earlier.  I would have had dinner on the beach if anyone else wanted to.
My brotha
We decided to only hit the boardwalk 2 nights tops.  Monday night was the first run.  LOVE this pic.
Frank and Shell are roller coaster maniacs!  They LOVE that thrill, I think I'm feeling too old for them these days, which is kind of lame.  They went on this one first...
While the littles went on this one.
Ry took the girls on this little tub boat thing, it was cute.
Uncle Pankie took My on this roller coaster.  Mya will be joining Uncle Frank and Auntie Shell on the big ones in no time, this kid has no fear of rides.  Just loves that thrill.  Meanwhile, I'm down there nervous as heck.  AGAIN, feeling quite old.
These 2, love them.
Time for the merry go round, always a win!
They found their spot up top.
Let's go find some more rides.
Dewey was gonna stand by the log flume when it splashed, luckily he ran off!  NUT!
My parents told all us adults to go on a roller coaster while they watched the kids.  Safety Pete wasn't going to go on, he hates rides.  So Ry, Shell, Frank and I all went up.  We got on and noticed Pete came running up.  He missed our ride so he had to take the next one, solo!  He sat front row and probably shard his pants....
Ashley's favorite ride was happy feet!
Ry took Mya on one too, we HAD to get the pic for memories!
Ash wanted to go on happy feet with My too.
Another beach day, another hole to be made for shade.
Ash kills me in this hat.
Mya boo wanted to try it too!  That belly though....
Her lashes are killer.
Ash, my little rockstar.  We were calling her all sorts of names after this pic.  LA, west coast Ash, you name it! 
SHE KILLS ME!
Ava love, I love how she keeps her shades on, too cool!
Everyday they had ice cream carts coming on the beach, FUDGEY WUDGEY, to be exact.  They'd scream it all up and down the beach.  It was hysterical.  The girls got treats every single day.  I mean, we were on vaca!
Ava needs no spoon.
Beach moments
Mya is such a fish.  She was in the water everyday, all day if we let her.  She has mastered boogie boarding and I LOVE to watch her too.  We were having competitions to see who can ride it in farther, it was a BLAST!!  She totally makes me a kid again and I love it.  I even went under, which I RARELY do in the ocean.  Thanks Mya, for making me a kid again!
And here goes My!

Meanwhile, this little love muffin, I COULD EAT HER!
I just can't pick a favorite!
After this, hugs were given, all around!  Daddy got the first...
..then Nona...
...then Dewey.
Titi and Tio even came down for a few days which was awesome!  Next summer, NORTH CAROLINA!
Uncle Frankie with his nieces.
Ava splashing in her own personal puddle.
cutie pie
These girls can play in the sand all day....so can Dewey!
Titi chillin with the littles.
Ya know, just being funny....too bad I don't have a shot of me next to him. Another friendly competition to see who's core was stronger.  I, of course, LET him win.
LOL!
RIPPED UP
chillin
Ash wanted to try too!
My bathing beauty.  I can't get over how beautiful she is, my love!
My parents told us all to go out one night and they'd watch the girls.  They set them all up for a movie night!!  It was so much fun!  Thanks mom and dad!
I finally ran out one morning, after I got ready for the gym, to see the sunrise.  It was just so beautiful.  I wish the girls and Ry were up to see it too.
awesome!
Another beach day.  We seriously had the perfect weather!
Ash loves to play in the sand.  She's not as into the water as Mya is.  However, they both absolutely love the beach and I love that.  I love that, as a family, we all share that same love of the beach and ocean.  Just brings so much happiness to our hearts.
Love this one
my girl
Finally, a shot of the 3 of us in our coordinating suits.  Thanks for the idea, Regan!
Ash had me jumping with her.  Ry got an action shot, lol!
Dew out to take some waves in.
Riding it in!
NICE!
Chillaxin
My My
Ash getting a ride
This is as much as she'd ride on the boogie board.
She had me dying though.
LOVEEEE
Daddy and his big girl
Char and Eric go to Wildwood every year and they are the ones that actually gave us the name of the person who rents out the condo we stayed in, THANK YOU!  Char, the food lover that she is (this is why we get along so well, lol!), told me we HAD to go to Duffers for ice cream.  I'm so glad we went!  OMG!  AMAZING!!!!! 
We had lunch too, while waiting for our table we played some games.
These 2, I swear are loonies together.
It was the last day on the beach, BOO!  Ash, my parents and I were the last ones on the beach.  We took a walk to see this giant octopus that someone made out of sand, it was AMAZING!  We got back to our spot and did a mini version that wasn't half as cool as theirs.
free spirit
We went back to see it again cause we wanted to take a pic for Mya to see since she was napping (the only day she napped, of course).  The guy who made it said, let your daughter get in it to see the size of it!  Good idea!!!!  How cool is this?!!!!  He said it literally took him all day long to do it.
We were walking back to our spot and Ry came walking down to the beach to help me carry all the stuff back since, at that point, it was just Ash and I left.  Mya was still sleeping at home, bummer.  Ry and Ash were playing around, jumping, hopping, acting crazy and all of the sudden Ash falls flat on her face.  OMG the cry she let out was heart wrenching.  I immediately grabbed her up and she clung to me like glue.  When I finally got her to lean back to look, her nose was all bloody and she had a line on it.  I immediately thought it was broken.  UGH!  Plus, she was still hysterical after a good 5 minutes.  We head back up to the house and tried to get ice on it, she was not having it.  We called a medimerge and took her in to make sure it wasn't broken.  My poor love.
Luckily the dr said it's really hard for a child to break their nose.  So off to the boardwalk we headed to meet the rest of the gang!  We got there and Ash wanted to go on happy feet.  Mya came with us.
LOVE my baby girl, was so happy to see her smiling again.
Ava and Mya went on the truck.
Happy feet, AGAIN!
Everyone else left, cause they were there for a while already.  We decided to stay longer and enjoy the last night of vacation.  The girls chose this little hot air balloon ride next. 
Daddy even went on the tea cups with them, lol!
Boat rides.
Had to get some family photo strips done!
One of the last rides was this car ride.  Mya wanted to go together but Ash wanted to be on her own. 
NO HANDS!
Mya was dying for this ride.  She really does love the bigger rides but is such a sport and goes on the ones where Ash can join in too.  So we let her pick one more she wanted to do alone, since Ash wanted nothing to do with this one.  NO HANDS again!  Little dare devil!
LOVING IT!

And that's a wrap.  We really did have an amazing time.  It's hard to believe that it was already over a month ago.  Vacations don't come nearly enough, but when they do, I cherish every second I get with my family.  Love them so much and am so lucky to go through life with people who I love and care for so much.  Here's to another amazing vacation!  xoxo

No comments: