Friday, October 3, 2014

Jimmy D's 10th annual 5K

It's hard to believe that this year was the 10th annual Jimmy D 5K run.  We do this run (almost) every year.  There were 2 years we missed because we were driving back from vacation in NC.  This is also the first race (not this year) that Mya was a participant in too!  SO CUTE!  Ashley participated for the first time this year as well.  We came close to missing the kids one actually, but that's a whole other story. 
Anyway, it's for a great cause.  One of our very close family friends, lost their father in a fire 10 years ago.  This run helps burn survivors and it's just so amazing how much Erin, Jimmy D's daughter, does for the burn foundation, she's a true inspiration. 
We were happy that we could be a part of this amazing day and run the last annual race.  Since I haven't been doing too much cardio, I was a little nervous about how I'd do.  It wasn't bad, but not my best.  I finished in 28 minutes.  Not sure who captured this pic, but damn I look like I'm in pain!  LOL!
Next up was the kids race.  We literally JUST made the bigger kids race.  I was literally yelling for them to HOLD ON, as I was tying Mya's sneakers.  So annoying, no one ever really announced it and we thought we had 10 minutes to spare.  Regardless, the girls had fun!
A little action.
 
Always my winners!!!!
Willie ran so fast across the football field, that he jumped in for his age group, LOL!!!
WINNERS!!!!
They always have this blow up thing for the kids to play.  The girls love it.  Mya was waiting her turn and Ash was just watching with Chase.
Swing batter
Mya kills me, she really is so good at sports.  She told me she wants to play basketball (they actually had a side of this blow up with basketball hoops).  
Uncle Jack would be so proud!

Of course a blue butterfly for Ash.
Mya had one too, and snapped a selfie to prove it.

Ash and Willie chillin.
We had such a great time.  Such a nice was to end the summer.

No comments: