Friday, October 10, 2014

it's pre-school time, it's pre-school time, it's pre-school time for....

We also had a new beginning with our little firecracker, our little sassy pants, our rock star Ash!  She started pre-school this year.  She's going to the same program Mya was in at Rutgers.  However, they changed it up a bit from when Mya went.  They have extended the days to include lunch.  So where Mya went from 9:30-12, now Ash is going from 9:30-1.  They also include in the tuition (which OF COURSE) they raised, a lunch.  Ash actually informed me of this when I asked her what she wanted for lunch on the first full day (well half day but you know). 
Me - so how does a turkey sandwich and apple sound for lunch?
Ash - no mommy, they make us lunch AND serve it.
Me - no really babe, I have to send it with you, in your cool new lunch bag.
Ash - Mommy, THEY MAKE IT AND SERVE IT TO US.  (she was straight talking to me like I was a moron, which I later realized I AM!).
Me - OK, fine, but IN case they don't have it, I'll pack it in here. 
Mary comes to tell me that Mrs Worobey, the director, looked at her like she was crazy when she asked where to put her lunch.  No no no, she said, we provide that!  LOL!  I felt like a real winner!  I swear, this whole 2 kids in school at 2 different schools has made me reallllllllly unorganized!  I need to check myself.
Anyway, Ash has been PUMPED about school.  It showed in her pics from the first day too! 
 All ready to get her bookbag on.
 I can't take her smiles.
 Daddy and Ash
 My turn!
Even once we got there, home slice was all smiles, as big as can be!  
I just can't get over her cheesy smile.
She hung her book bag right up!

 Got her name tag on!
 
She did so well.  Just how every parent dreams it will happen.  We got into the building, and she is so used to this place from bringing Mya there for the past 2 years.  She hung her back pack up on her hook and waited for the door to open.  The second it opened, she was about to run in.  I literally had to tug her and ask for a kiss.  We smooched, and off she went, not even looking back.  I was so proud.  So, of course, Ry, Mary and I went into the room that you can watch in, with the double sided mirror.  She started at the water table, of course!  Then she made her way to the other side of the classroom to do play-doh.
Had fun with Mr potato head for a bit.  She put his face on his a$$!  LOL!  Can you tell here?!
It was so fun to watch her play. 
Painting, she literally hit up every activity in the place while she was there.  Painting next, WITH one of the princess dresses on.
It was time for circle time, she could her name on her circle and sat down.
After her first day I told her we could head over to dunkin so she could get a donut.  She was thrilled and picked the blue one, OF COURSE!  
Say 2 weeks into school, she started crying when Mary would drop her.  I was so surprised when she woke up one morning for school and as I told her it was a school day, she started crying.  I had NO clue what to do, what happened?  What started this?  I emailed the teacher, after Mary told me she had to sit in the classroom with her for 15 minutes, then Mrs Gliese had to pry her from Mary and she left.  Mary took a pic, from the room outside of the classroom of Mrs Gliese holding her.  Seriously, THANK GOD for Mrs Gliese being such a kind hearted teacher.   
So, this week has been better, no tears at drop off.  I think it was just her being tired, the excitement of the newness wearing off, who knows?!  All I know is that I'm so happy that she is not crying anymore.  I felt so bad that Mary would have to drop her like that, I couldn't imagine having to do that.  THANK YOU MARY!  xoxo 
Here's to only smiles and happy drop offs here on out! 

No comments: