Monday, October 17, 2011

2 and a half

My little princess is 2.5 years old. WOW, where has the time gone? I feel like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant with her, now 2.5 years and another kid later, we're here. I couldn't ask for anything more, life with 2 girls is just fabulous and I feel so blessed to have them (and my dear hubs too, of course!). So what has Mya been up to the past 6 months.
She speaks sentences now, not usually always grammatically correct but still, she speaks a TON! She has been potty trained since 8/25, HOWEVER, she still asks for a diaper to poop! I don't get it, I try to bribe her with m&m's, stickers, ANYTHING, she doesn't want it. She has pooped on the potty a handful of times, and when I tell you I jumped up and down and screamed like we just won the lotto! So we're just going with it for now. She totally potty trained herself with the pee, so I know that when she's ready, she'll poop on the potty too. She also sleeps in diapers too, although there have been a few times, where she's woken up in the night and taken the diaper off herself and put undies on all by herself. One of those times, she woke up the next morning and completely wet the bed, the other times she was all fine.
When I ask her how old she is she says two and a half!
She can jump so high. I remember at her 2 year check up the Dr was so impressed that she could jump with both feet coming off the ground. Kids can't usually do that at 2. She has usually been ahead on all of her motor skills.
She can count to 16.
She can say some of the alphabet. She loves to sing it and it's so cute cause she's much better at the end than the beginning and the middle goes something like, L L L L P (it used to be L N N NO P). She has this video called The Alphabet Factory and it goes over the letters of the alphabet with the sounds in a cute way. When she's watching it, she definitely makes the sounds with them, it's so cute!
She sings songs that Granny used to sing me as a kid, that I now sing them to her. Her favorite is animal crackers in my soup! I love singing these songs to her, it brings me back to my childhood and Granny.
She LOVES to help me cook and bake. She is a big fan of adding whatever it is to the mixer or mixing it herself. And of course she always has to taste it. She looks at me with this funny little face and says "taste mommy?" and of course everytime I say yea!
If Ashley's crying she will usually start singing twinkle twinkle to her.
Some of the things she says are HYSTERICAL! And the way she says it, even better. Some of my favorites are "no way jose," "oh boy," "do it mommy (or daddy, titi, nona, whoever she's with)," "GO JETS," "aaaaaaa minute." I know there's more but I can't think of them.
She's such a little fashionista, which sometimes is really annoying. I try to give her 2 options of what to wear, but it doesn't always work. She also still really loves her princess heels, has about 6 pairs and wears them all the time!
She's a terrible sleeper, usually comes into our bed at some point in the night. Some days we say, this has got to stop, where other days I can't wait for her to get in to snuggle up with! I know this won't go on forever, so we're loving it while it lasts.
She's such a sassy little girl. No other way to put it!
She's a little mama's girl and I absolutely LOVE it!
I'll leave you with her 3 half birthday pictures!
6 months old

1.5 years old

2.5 years old!

It's amazing how much you've changed, it's so fun watching you grow. You are such a little sass machine and I love you more than you'll ever know. xoxo

No comments: