Thursday, October 3, 2013

Jack Johnson

Ry and I are big fans of Jack Johnson, so when Kelly told me that he was going tour, this summer, I was stocked to get tickets.  This time though, he did this raffle non-sense.  You put your name in the raffle, and if you win, then you can buy tickets.  Something about having it at a smaller, more intimate venue type thing.  So we all put our names in, my parents included (they are also fans).  A few weeks later, we found out that my dad and I won the raffle!  I felt so bad, since Kelly was the one who told me about it, and they didn't win, sorry Kel :(
We decided that since it was so close to our anniversary, we'd justify the tickets as our gift to each other.
So, here we are, last Monday night, the 23rd (yes it was on a Monday night at 8 in Washington Heights, NY). 
 It was a little more chilly out then we expected, but it was all fine.  My adorable parents!
 Ready to go in.  Finishing up our beers.
 SO MUCH FUN!
 It was at the United Palace, which is also a church.
 It was really pretty fancy inside.  They also had all these famous sayings.  Love this one!
 Cheers!
 Dewey wanted to slide down the railing.
 Here he is!!!!
A few video from the night...I took so many!
 At the end of the show, when he finished his last song (so we thought) Ry and I got up to leave, we walked to the back and noticed that no one else got up.  We're not used to these type of concerts, as we were more used to hip hop and R&B concerts where when the performer sings the last song, that's it.  There's no encore.  So when we saw him come back on, we walked back up but kept walking and got all the way to the front.  He sang about 4 more songs and we were RIGHT THERE!  It was amazing!
We had so much fun!  Can't wait till he goes on tour again!

No comments: