Thursday, August 8, 2013

Balloon festival, 2013

This year the balloon festival was the weekend of July 26th.  We bought tickets around Christmas last year cause they were half off, so we were all set.  We decided to hit it up in the morning, when it would be less crowded.  It's always hard as hell to set the alarm for 5:15 on a weekend, so we could leave the house by 6, but we did it!  And we got there before any balloons took off.
Mya was still half asleep when we got there.
And Ash just wanted Dewey to hold her.
The girls didn't want to eat breakfast before we left, so I bought some snacks.
The girls!
Daddy and Mya
The first balloon took off around 7am! 
Once it took off, the announcer said that Jeter and A-Rod were in that one so of course everyone went crazy.  I wish I had my better zoom lens.
Ash was amazed.
 Watching it go over our heads. 
 WOWWWWWW
 The crew
 After the first balloon took off, the rest started filling up.
 buddies
 The lonesome balloon.
 fam a lam
 They had a few new balloons this year, one of them being Elvis!
 So cool to watch all of this.

 Had to get Ry with the VW balloon in the back.
 The strawberry balloon was so cute.
 amazing!
The light house balloon was new too and was a tribute to the damage from Hurricane Sandy. 
 Humpty Dumpty was probably one of my favorites!
 The elephant was cool too.  Ash wanted to ride one so bad.  She kept saying, I wanna go in one, I wanna go in one!  LOL!
 So many flying over us.
 USA and the light house, loved those 2. 
 Our view
 Lately, Mya has been looking so grown up in pics, this being one of them.
 LOVE 
 Thanks for coming with us Mom and Dad!
 Mya wanted to take a pic too.  So she took this one.
 This penguin was so damn cute.
 Seriously as Ash was saying, I wanna go in one, I wanna go in one, Mya was saying, I wanna go in the bounce house!  So after we saw them all take off, we headed over to the bounce houses and got ripped off for Mya to go in one.  No joke, I think it cost like $5 for her to go 2 times on these thing!  STUPID!
 Here she comes!
AGAIN!!!! 
 Ash wanted to go too, so we had Mya take her through.  They went through and Mya came down the slide (it wasn't the huge slide she went on last time, a much smaller one for Ash).  We asked Mya where Ash was and she said, she didn't want to come up.  HUH?  So here I am worried about Ash and I asked the guy if I could go through to get her.  He said I couldn't (JERK!) but he went in and helped her over the top of the slide.  My poor boo was in tears saying "mommy I need you, Mommy I need you."  Sorry babe, I felt so damn bad!
We had so much fun.  Can't wait until next year!!! 

No comments: