Wednesday, April 3, 2013

our first 2013 beach trip

Last Friday I got out of work early for Good Friday.  Since the weather was nice, we decided to take the girls to Pt Pleasant.  Hit up the boardwalk and go on the beach.  The sky was so pretty going over the bridge.
We got there and got onto the boardwalk.  It was a mob scene.  People EVERYWHERE!  I was so anxious and excited to see the ocean.  However, we got on and no one was allowed on and the sand was all built up so you couldn't even really see the water.
crazy!
However, the entire boardwalk was pretty much open.  Mya immediately saw the lights for the arcade and wanted to run in but I really wanted to get the girls to the rides.  So I said we could go on the walk back and I wanted to show her all the rides.  We went last year a few times, but nothing crazy.  We got there and Mya was in heaven!  She waited on line with daddy for her first ride, while Ash and I hung on the side.
Watching her big sissy.
Dumbo!  LOVE this ride.
Ash wasn't big enough for the dumbo ride, unless a parent went on.  So the next one we put them on was the little alligator ride.  It was the very first time they went on a ride together!  MELT MY HEART!  Mya was in heaven, Ash wasn't the least bit amused.  She did smile a few times here and there but she was just checking everything out. 
WHOOHOOO!!!! 
Next up, the carousal.  This was the first time Ash was on and didn't cry to be taken off the horse.  STOP GROWING UP! 
Daddy's little girl.
She was so intensely watching the top of the carousal and the horses going up and down.
Time for the bikes.  Such little rock stars.  Mya was literally turning it like she was really driving.  Cracking us up. 
There's that smile!
Ash went on the fishy ride all by herself!  It was so so cute!
...while Ash was on the fishy ride.  Mya and I were waiting on line for this....
It's a little roller coaster.  I had to go on with her, which she wasn't crazy about (such a little independent mama!).  She was SO excited too.  Mommy, I wanna go on a BIG roller coaster.  OK!  We got on line while Ry and Ash were on the fishy ride.  They were done in time to watch us go!
Mya was so ready and excited!!!
All ready!!  Look at that smile, so excited!  LOVE IT!  We started going and she was sliding all around, so of course, I grab her and pull her close to me.  She pushes me off, Mommy let go, I wanna do it myself.  OMG, TEAR!  Of course, I wouldn't let her go cause it was really sliding her around on the turns.  When we were done, she goes, Mommy, lets do it again!  The line was so long and Ash was getting cold so I told her next time. 
Me and my girls.  Love them with my whole heart.
LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Can't wait for more beach days this year.  This was just the beginning and I know this summer will be another unforgettable one. 

No comments: