Monday, April 16, 2012

Happy Easter

Mya's birthday just so happened to fall on Easter Sunday this year. I didn't know what to expect, at first I felt bad but after the day ended, I think she loved it. Extra special treatment all day and lots of candy and fun! We had a day filled with family and fun, we always do as much as we can on holiday's. Easter usually consists of breakfast at Babci's and dinner at my parents. This year Diane and Jon hosted it which made it easier for us with the traveling since they live 2 miles from us.
The Easter bunny stopped by our place this year for our girls. Here's what he left them. Mya's basket.

Ashley's first Easter!!!

I have such great memories of growing up and waking up Easter morning to our basket's being hidden by the Easter bunny. When I told Ryan this 2 years ago, he thought I was crazy! I have made it a tradition now to hide the girls baskets too. I remember it being so fun to search all over home to find where the 'bunny' hid it! Thanks for those awesome memories mom and dad and I'm glad to be passing that tradition down to my girls.
Here is where we hid Mya's, even though we still literally had to say, "What's behind that curtain?"

She did find Ashley's in the play closet, and she bought it out to her.

As she came down the stair she said OH MY GOD! it was hysterical! The joy on her face was priceless. We hung streamers in the doorway to the kitchen (where her car was set up and ready to go after she opened the box) and she was saying, OH MY GOD CURTAINS! lol!!!!
After finding her basket she moved right into opening her birthday presents. We didn't really have a ton of time to relax since we went to the 9am mass. So we were speedy!
So she opened up her gifts and I was loving every second of it. The excitement and facial expressions were PRICELESS!! We even got it on video. Seriously we could have just gotten her the 2 books and she would have been so happy! We ended up getting her 2 books, Beauty and the Beast (to go with her birthday party theme) and Dr Seuss's Happy Birthday to you, she's a big fan of Dr Seuss books! Ashley got her a pink truck since she loves playing with Jacks (our neighbor). Than originally the big gift was gonna be a scooter but Pete told me that him and Shell got it for her. So after trying to figure it out it was the day before her birthday and Ryan found a cool power pink motorcycle at walmart.com. Now, Mya LOVES motorcycles, always says she wants one or just points them out when we drive by one. Since we couldn't ship anything he ran to the walmart by us since he called and they said they had it in stock, which they didn't (typical walmart employee idiots). So after going back and forth he ran to target and decided to pick up whatever power ride on they had. They had a cute yellow mini cooper. I love mini coopers, I think they're so cute and compact. So I was so happy when he told me that's what he got. After opening her 2 books and truck I couldn't wait for the reaction to the car. Well, it wasn't all that I had anticipated. She was excited but was, no joke, way more excited for the books, lol. You'll see on the video I have (if I can ever get the damn thing to post!).
Saying OH MY GOD as she opened the Beauty and the Beast book. This kid is so animated I love it.


Meanwhile Ashley was going through her goods.


A little backwards and opening her card now. She loved it!

She knows what her name looks like when it's written so was so loving the fact that it said Mya. It's the little things in life.

And daddy always gets her flowers which really could have been the only thing. As we were leaving for church I said, do you want to bring any toys to church and she said, no just my flowers. lol

Ash was the one loving the mini cooper Mya got.

Let's GO!

Ryan got me this 4.5 lb bag of jelly beans, I think my teeth are about to fall out.

Happy Easter

Trying to get a pic of the girls = unsuccessful


After church we headed right on over to Jon and Diane's. Mya immediately wanted to open her birthday presents.

So happy with her 1000 piece jewelery making kit, thank you Uncle Michael, lol!

Crawling with Uncle Michael.

I love her little dress. I let Mya pick her outfit since it was her birthday. I gave her options (including an Easter dress, which she didn't pick) but hey, at least she matched, right? And I literally had to hide her Hello Kitty sweats (thanks for those gems Mary).

Mya and Nunu

Happy little snap

Ry, Michael and Laura joined us too!

Babci, Ry and ginger. LOVE this shot

She got a nail kit from Nunu and Pop Pop for her birthday. She got right to painting Pop Pop's nails, he's such a good sport!

The Bea's

awww

Time to sing.

Happy birthday to youuuuu


Who's taller?

Off to my parents for dinner. We were nervous about naps, since the girls usually nap at 1. We left Jon and Diane's at 1 and told Mya that if she didn't sleep in car she'd have to sleep at home. She closed her eyes and was passed out in the 5 minute ride to my parents house. She slept for almost 1.5 hours in the car in the driveway! Ashley too, SCORE! When she woke up, she came inside and it was time for more presents! A wagon from Nona and Dewey Pop!

Ashley was thinking no one would notice and she tried to take this candy. Sorry girl

Outfit change too, enough of the dress but had to keep the damn shoes on.

These pics were cracking me up with Tony jumping in.


Mya sharing her earrings with Joey.

Mary was feeding Ashley than she crawled over to Joe and wanted him to feed her. This kid LOVES Joe (she loves you too Mary)!

Mya and Alexis (Alexis had her baby on the 12th too, that post is coming soon. Cutest little baby boy, LOVE)

I said, get a pic with the belly in it, so Mya pulls her shirt up. lol, I was talking about Alexis!

Ryan setting up the wagon and testing it out.

So cute

Easter egg hunt time.

There was even one on Uncle Frank.


Mary and Joe got her a ball and bat. Testing it out.

Testing out the wagon.

Time to sing....AGAIN!

making her wish


3

Ashley got a hand in the cake, daddy fixed that. Poor Ash

More wishes...lol

hair is a hot mess....but "I am 3"

mmmm, so ready to dig into Frank's homemade ice cream cake.

Will you PLEASE give me some T????

Testing out her new running shoes from Uncle Pankie (lol, I love the way she says Frankie).


She was getting a good workout in. She'll be joining us for next year's Rutgers 1/2 Marathon.

Time for a break.

Ash was loving the wagon.

Resting with one of her favorites.

Wacko sitting on the broken horse ride.

Love this sweet face



Never really wanting to sit down for too long.

Mya and her Titi

Telling her a story...lol

Than we got home and let her drive her car around. She was in HEAVEN! She's not a bad driver and has actually been great at sharing it with all the neighborhood kids too. Love my little girl. She's such a good doobie and I couldn't feel more blessed. Hope your birthday was magical. Her 3 year post is coming next. xoxo


And I'm trying to upload a video of Mya opening her gifts on the morning of her birthday. It's pretty long. She cracks me up this kid...love her forever and ever. Hopefully i'll figure out how to edit this to make it shorter to post.

No comments: