Friday, April 27, 2012

Accomplishments

Sunday the 22nd was a big day for Ryan, Frank and I. We all ran the farthest we'd ever run at the Rutgers Unite half marathon and the Rutgers 8K. We've been having our weekly 'Sunday run day's' since January (was it January?) and have been loving it. I never realized how much I enjoy running with other people. Not only has it helped my pace, but it's just more enjoyable and I feel like I can go longer. Last year, Ry and I split the Rutgers Unite half and after that race we both said we were going to run the entire thing this year. Frank just started running in January and this was his first ever race! WE DID IT! We all finished our races and felt so good (besides the knee pain from me, and Ryan's ankle pain). It felt so good running through the finish line and it was even better to see my parents, Frank, Beth and mostly my 2 girls cheering us on as we ran through (Frank finished before us). I heard Mya screaming "RUN MOMMY RUN" and it literally bought tears to my eyes (may have been all the pain in my knee, lol). Ry stayed with me the entire time (thanks babe), next year I really want to finish in 2 hours. That was my goal this year and it wasn't accomplished, we finished in 2 hours and 12 minutes.
I love running on Sunday's with Ry and Frank and can't wait to continue this and run more races with them.
xoxo love you guys
Here we are before the race, our nervous smiles, lol












...and after the race, look how much more relaxed we look!

No comments: