Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I LOVE my hubs!!!

For those of you who don't know Ryan, let me just tell you he is VERY handy! He's got tools for everything you can think of (which take up more room than you can imagine) and loves when he can use them! A few weeks ago I mentioned to him that I really wanted to find something that we could put our TV on. After he said, Liz, we have a TV stand. I convinced him that it's way too big for our place, we have clutter everywhere and we're trying our hardest to de-clutter our place, ESPECIALLY since Mya's 'stuff' takes up enough room as it is!
Well, I found this buffet on craigslist and it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. An antique feel, solid wood, and big enough to fit all the 'crap' we had on the TV stand and shelving next to it. Here it is before Ry got his hands on it. *crappy phone pic*

Originally Ry said, lets just paint it brown. Annoying as I am, I said no no no, I think it'll look alot better stained. Since it's an older piece, it's SOLID and I'm hoping that this is something we'll have forever. So possibly when we move out of our townhouse and get a house we can use it as a buffet. He agreed and started the whole process. It took him about a week from start to finish and IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! We went to anthropologie to get the knobs on Sunday and found them on clearance for $2.95 each!!!! SCORE!!!! Every time we sit down to watch TV now he goes, WOW it turned out better than I thought. I think the same thing, he did AWESOME!! I'm so lucky to have a bob vila as my hubs (or maybe more like Bob Bea cause I hear he's quite the handy man too!)!!!! xoxo baby, thanks for making my vision become a reality! And here she is, he took the top, middle drawer out so we could put the cable box there.

It's funny too cause once we got it all in and set up Saturday night, Ry looks at me and goes, we did really good huh? I started laughing and said "we???" YOU did all the work. All I did was say, honey I found an awesome piece in Howell, wanna go pick it up??? HAHHAHAHA!!!! Sunday he said to me, ok what's next??? HMMMMM....the wheels are turnin!