Thursday, June 26, 2014

zoo for the day with my birthday girl!

So, after the morning and a few other stops here and there, one being St Matthias for a school tour (which is another separate post).  Ash decided she wanted to go to the zoo, to see the birds.  They LOVE the bird part of the Turtleback zoo and I actually love that zoo too, perfect size, not too far and so cute for the kids.  As I pulled up my navigation on my phone, I knew it'd take me a stupid route, like it always does, so I texted Regan to see if she knew the exit off the parkway.  Coincidentally enough, she was heading there too, with her friend Becky and all their kids!  YAY!!!!  Always fun to meet up with friends! 
We got to the zoo, I parked and I literally watched Regan and her friend Becky pull in right after me, so random how that works sometimes!  It was so perfect. 
We got into the zoo and the girls went to sit on the iguana. 
First stop, the penguins!
Anytime this kid can climb, she climbs.

I guess all kids do that!
post lunch and pre carousal ride!  My little lovies.
Patiently (lol yea right) waiting for the carousal ride.  This line was short but took forever.
But it was well worth the wait.
The kids LOVE the carousal and to pick the animal they'll ride.
This face melts my heart.
Gia was super excited!
The bear was out and about.
Kids getting a closer look.
Mya and Jack are so stinkin cute together, I can't take them.
The birds!!!!  Ash was in heaven!  Even though they weren't really into eating from the sticks that day.  She tried and tried and tried.  Got a few but not for too long.
SO HAPPY!
They must have told her 100 times to keep her feet on the sidewalk.  LOL!
G was feeding them too.
We ran into a photo booth, the kids wanted to get in.  We tried to cram all the kids into it and get some pics but with the moms peeking in, the pics didn't come out, lol!  It was basically Mya in the pics.
The kids walking like animals, lol.
Little climbers.
Waiting for the train!!!
Ready to roll.
My little birthday girl enjoying the train.
My big girl.
Last group stop, the seals.  They were so active and swimming around like crazy.  The kids were loving it.
Mya was begging the whole trip to go to the butterflies.  So I told her we'd go at the end.  She was more than happy when it was time.  She wanted to hold them SO bad and was loving every second of it.  Ash on the other hand, didn't want them to land on her but enjoyed looking at them.
She had one of the people put one on her.
My happy girl.

They were so pretty.

Ash was loving them too.

That morning when Dewey stopped by, he gave Ash money to buy something at the gift shop.  This is what she wanted, the hat and the monkey.  I told her only one, so Murphy the monkey is now hers, lol.  This kid kills me.
So much fun.  The weather was perfect, the kids were great and it was awesome meeting Regan and Becky there too.  Thanks for helping make her birthday fun!

No comments: