Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Mya's halloween parade

Halloween was on a Friday this year, which is awesome!  We always tend to have a little something at our place on Halloween since we live in townhouses and it's so quick and delivers lots of candy in a short period of time!  But before we get to Halloween night, lets just talk about Mya's Halloween parade at SMS!  Her first year here and my god, they have really blown me away with all that they do for the students.  The parade was no different.  I was expecting to see all of the students in the school parading around the parking lot.  Boy was I wrong. When we got there, the school was in the process of bringing classes 1-8 out into the lot to form a giant square.  The little kids sat, while the older kids stood behind, leaving enough room for the parents of the Pre-K and K to stand as well and see their children.  After everyone was lined up, they bought the kids out, starting with the Pre-K.  They had them walk around while the bigger kids clapped and cheered them on, literally bought tears to my eyes to see how much they older kids encouraged and cheered for those kids.  I know how much Mya looks up to them already.  There are always older kids standing in line with them when they arrive at school and are there with them when they come out of the classroom at the end of the day.  Just such a nice environment that I'm so happy she is in. 
One of the mothers got to help out (well a few actually) so she sent me some pics from the classroom. 
Super woman came to the event!
Willie just started up here in the Pre-K too!  How stinkin cute is he, dressed as spider man?!!!!
And so excited to see his family there cheering him on!
I wish I got a shot of the entire parking lot to show the students and turn out!  Out comes KB, Mya's class.
Oh yea, there's DJ Tanner!!!!
My girl
Here's a shot one of the mom's sent me of her whole class, all 28 of them. It started with 30, but 2 transferred out.  28 kids in ONE class! CRAZY!
So proud of you boo.  Again, thank you to everyone who came out.  Mama, Pops, Nunu, Shell, Ava, Aunt Mary and Mags, means so much to us.  xoxo

No comments: