Thursday, April 17, 2014

FIVE YEARS OLD!

I honestly am in denial that my child is 5 years old.  How did this happen?  How did 5 years just flash by so fast?  In one way, I can't believe that Mya is 5 already, but in another way, I don't even remember life before being a mommy.  I have never felt so much love and self worth in my life, then how I feel being a mother and having this amazing family that I get to call my own!  I never knew I would be so blessed with this much love and happiness. 
She turned 5 on April 8th.  Ry JUST got a new job, so he couldn't take off, but I did!  There is nothing more rewarding to me than seeing so much happiness and complete joy in my childens eyes.  Mya was uber excited that I was going to be home and I told her we could do anything that she wanted to on her special day. 
I'll get to pics from what we did in another post.  I just want to reminisce on some of the amazing things that my 5 year old is up to these days so I can look back and remember always!
-She is SO independent, has been since day 1.  Just this past weekend she asked to take her training wheels off of her bike so that she could ride, big girl style!  We did (well Ry did as I was crying on the side, lol!).  It'll take more practice but she was brave and got to feel what it's like to not have the training wheels.  I think she was a little shocked at how hard it was.
-She's got the biggest heart.  I swear this child has so much love it's unreal.  She will stop randomly and just say, "mommy, I love you."  It melts my heart.  Just last week, when we first sang happy birthday to her, as she was about to blow out her candles, she said..."I wish mommy and daddy could stay home every day with me."  *tears*  Ry and I tried to explain to her that we wish we could too but we want to be able to provide them with all that they need and want.  She said, "but you can have all my money."  I swear to god, people don't know how lucky they are to be able to stay home with their children, I wish I wish I wish, I could be one of them.  Just to hear my child say that to me, ugh.  We are so very lucky that we have Mary and family that they are growing these very close bonds with, but I wish I was able to be home with them, to watch them grow; to see them transform into little people.  Kills me! 
-She loves her sister more than anything!  If one of them does something bad to each other, we (obviously) make them apologize.  They go over to each other say sorry and immediately follow that by saying, "sissy hugs" and Mya picks her up in a hug and swings her around.  *MELT MY HEART* They play so good together, calling each other made up names like Whitney and Britney, or Olivia and Sassy (it's freaking hysterical listening to them from the hall!  They also have their fair share of fights, but I guess that comes with having a sibling.  No worries, the good totally out weigh the bad.  I hope I can continue to say that through teenage years.
-She is a mini fashionista and literally changes numerous times a day.  She's got her favorite pieces too, like we all do!  I honestly wish I could pick out her clothes but do love how much she loves picking them out herself, even if she does look like a hot mess sometimes.  I'm letting her personality shine through!
-She loves school and her favorite is when she's the helping hand.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's when a certain child (actually usually 2 kids) get to help set up and get ready for snack time.  I had her Spring, parent/teacher conference, last week and it was just so rewarding to hear all of the wonderful things that the teacher said about her.  The first thing she said when we both sat down was, "Oh Mya, I just absolutely love your daughter."  She went on to tell me just how loving and caring she is.  Felt so good to hear that she's the same in school.  Such a proud mommy moment.
-Speaking of school, she is so so smart.  LOVES math (that was my favorite subject always too!) and loves to do 'homework'.  We have so many of those learning books with math problems and she loves doing them.  I hope she always enjoys learning as much as she does now.
-She still loves anything that has to do with arts and crafts.  She's an amazing painter and draws better than I do.  She colors in the lines and gets mad if she asks you to color with her and you go out of the lines.  But she'll follow it up by saying, it's ok, just don't do that again.  She's also known to give strict guidelines on what color to use on what.  She's a girl who knows what she wants! 
-She is a girly girl to the fullest.  Her favorite color is purple.  A few weeks ago she was on my phone, went through pinterest and found a hair style she wanted me to replicate on her.  I LOVED every second of it.  It was a bun with braids in it.  The past few nights I've been putting those sponge rollers in her hair.  She looks like Shirley Temple when we take them out, but once they fall, it looks amazing!
-She is still a foodie and loves to help out in the kitchen for anything and everything.  I seriously love baking with her (and Ash too, of course).  I remember helping my mom as a kid and love that she loves it just as much as I do.  From measuring the ingredients to cracking the eggs (but she HAS to wash her hands immediately after, every single time!), to every part of it.  She's so careful and truly enjoys doing it all from start to finishing it up, liking the bowl clean!
-Whenever asked what she wants to be when she grows up, she says a babysitter and teacher.  That's my girl, get those summers off!
-She may have been a late talker, but she hasn't stopped since she's started.  I swear to god, this child will talk to you until she passes out at night.  Speaking of passing out at night, she sleeps in her own room now.  We got Mya and Ash a queen sized bed in January and they've been out of our room ever since.  I miss it so much sometimes, but other times, I realize it's quite amazing to sprawl out and have all the space in the world.  Plus, when I miss it, I literally jump in bed with them and snuggle up to the both of them!  Their bed is way more comfortable than ours too.
-I just truly love everything about this child.  And feel blessed to call her mine everyday.  Keep growing into that strong, independent but caring and loving person you are.  I am so so very proud of the little girl you are becoming.  Always remember to take one day at a time, and to follow your big dreams! 

The night before her birthday you know we didn't miss a thing with having the downstairs all decked out in her favorite color (purple, but had to throw some pink in there too). 
We hung up the birthday banner that I made for her very first birthday.  I think I always resort back to this one because it was the first of them all!
Her gifts all ready for her.  We got her a big girl bike as her big girl.  It's amazing that just last year we got her a bike and she's already too big for it.
 I also hung 5 balloons from her bedroom door (when she was sleeping) so that when she woke up, she could break through them! She loved it.
 She got quite a few early morning phone calls. 
 I can't!
 Sissy birthday hugs. 
A little video....


 The cutest part of the morning was when she came running through the balloons, stood in the hallway, staring at herself in the mirror and said to me, "Mommy, I'm definitely bigger!"  I just love the way kids are.  Older=bigger, not so much fun when you get older!  LOL!
She kills me! 
 Getting ready to run downstairs!
 Ash and her sat right down to check out the gifts.  Mya opened her card first, LOVE that she's a card person like us.  Then it took SO long for her to open all her gifts cause she wanted to ride her bike around!
Ash was happy to watch her sissy...
But wanted to help, so Mya absolutely let her!
 Facetime with the Leonhardt girls!!!! LOL!!!
 She was so so so excited!
 Make a wish my beautiful little girl.  Mama loves you to the moon....
 I just can't believe how big she's getting.
My heart is so full......

1 comment:

Regan said...

she is the best little girl ever. i can't understand how 5 years have passed either. we love you mya!!!