Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Our little angel

Now that Mya is in a Catholic school, I was super excited about the fact that they'd have a Christmas show.  However, they don't at SMS!  UGH!  I was bummed, but when we got a letter home saying that the children could be a part of the gospel during the children's mass, I was happy.  I asked Mya if she wanted to and she immediately said yes!  YAY!  So the week before and week of Christmas she had 2 rehearsals.  The first one they picked out what they wanted to be.  They obviously had Mary and Joseph, shepherds, angels, animals and narrators.  Originally Mya kept saying she wanted to be an angel, but when we got there, she changed her mind and said she wanted to be Mary.  Luckily they picked the names out of a hat, and a 4th grader got the role!  LOL!  So, back to the angel she went.  Pretty much all the girls were angels and all the boys were either shepherds or animals. 
It was Christmas Eve and they wanted the kids to get to the Church an hour early.  They also told us that it fills up fast so to get there even earlier.  SO, I told Ry I wanted to get there by 2:30 so we could be in the front.  He thought I was crazy, ant this is coming from a man who loves to be early, but an hour and a half was a bit much for him.  We had to save almost an entire row though cause my parents and Nona were coming (thanks for coming!).  No worries, they were playing music and it was fine anyway.
My girls were so excited!!
Mya had to meet in the school.  I can't take her. 
All ready!  My little angel face baby girl.  I just couldn't love her more.  She truly is my little angel.
With some girls from her class, Sophia and Francesca.
On the alter during it, lol.
So proud of my little girl for doing this.  It was so sweet seeing her up there and being a part of something so special.  Love you boo, my little angel.

No comments: