Friday, May 9, 2014

Easter

Easter 2014 fell on April 20th this year.  Such a late Easter this year.  We left all of our planning to the last minute, seems to be trending with us lately.  We literally colored our eggs the Thursday before!  No worries, still fun, plus we had to bring to Babci's so it would have been nasty if we did before that.  Girls LOVED it!
We went to see the bunny when I got out of work early on Good Friday.  Ash wouldn't sit on his lap.  I was actually surprised that she even sat there.  She was fine, until it was our turn and she looked at me and said, I don't want to sit on his lap.  So I just told her to sit next to Mya.  ALL SMILES!  She wouldn't look at him though.
Of course after she walked back over and gave him a hi-five!

Onto Easter morning, the bunny stopped by!  Ashley's basket was filled....
...so was Mya's!
The day before Mya and I ran to the mall for something.  When we were there Good Friday, the girls wanted these dog balloons (which are pretty cool) so bad, but Ry and I said no.  So when Mya and I went on Saturday she totally must have already thought about what to say cause she said to me, Mommy, I know I have birthday money from Dewey (the money you gave her for the boardwalk that she didn't spend) and I want to buy a dog for my sissy and I.  I mean, how do I say no to that?  So she picked out the one with blue bows for Ash (cause her favorite color is blue) and the one that looked like Lola for her (melt my heart).  When Mya showed Ashley Easter morning she was SO SO excited and hugged her so long, it was so sweet!  So posing with their doggies. 
Took her FOREVER to get downstairs with her pup.
Mya found hers in no time!
We had to help Ash lol.  She was too involved in her doggy. 
She loved everything in her basket though, it was so stinkin cute.  These pigtails are killing me too.  Ryan did them, I usually do them lower, to me, she looks like Pippi Longstocking!
Mya was so excited for this little notebook.  She picked it up, hugged it and called it her new journal, lol.
These freaking tutu dresses are Ashley's favorite thing in the world.  Not my favorite by any means, but she seriously just adores them and I guess the Easter bunny couldn't resist for the happiness of this kiddo.
First stop, Babci's.  Unfortunately Nunu and PopPop were in Europe having an amazing time.  But we still got some QT with Babci, Uncle Michael and Auntie Laura.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic!
A tradition that I just love at Babci's for Easter.  Ryan won this year, even though Mya thinks she did.


MELT
My little diva.
My little choc-o-haulic!
LOVE this 5 year old to pieces.
This was so sweet, Laura showing Mya how to play a song on the piano.
Group shot.
Onto my parents for dinner....Snuggles for Uncle Frankie.
We hid Easter eggs in the backyard a few times, the kids loved it so much and kept asking us to do it again.  They were having so much fun, it was adorable.
But first, smile for the camera.
We hid a ton, all the girls found so many too, they did great!
Ava found one in the wagon.
Uncle Frank made an appearance, helped Ash find one too.
My 2 girls, LOVE them with all my heart and soul.
I used the timer to get a family shot.  We're all here, I love my family so much.
Nona, Dewey and their grand daughters.
My family
It's always a competition with Pete.  I'm sure I won!
Dewey is always a good time.  Although he wasn't really feeling great on Easter.
Hotsie totsie!
The girls got to ice and decorate their own sugar cookies.  Kept them busy for a whole 5 minutes!
Ava just wanted to eat the icing....
...you guessed it, Ash did too!
Uncle Pete wanted some, on his nose?
So Ash did too.  lol
Ava just wanted it straight up.
I hope everyone had a nice Easter.  We did, minus the eating WAY TOO MUCH part.

No comments: