Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Snow and Igloo memories in the making!

This has seriously been a record breaking winter, in my adult life at least.  The amount of snow we got has been unbelievable!  I do love me some snow.  It brings me back to my childhood.  My dad, who is still, such a kid, would play with us for endless hours, he'd build us the biggest igloo's, the best snowmen and he'd push us down hills to sleigh ride for HOURS on end.  After being outside, we'd come into my mom, getting all our snow clothes off to dry, and having some good hot chocolate with cookies (she never leaves out the sweets!).  I can only hope that what Ry and I are doing is going to bring them a lifelong of happy and fun memories that they will live to do for their children as well. 
SO, with all the snow comes snow days (well some, other days trying to drive safely enough to get into work).  The really bad week was the first week in February.   
We went outside to play when all 4 of us were home with a snow day, SO FUN!!!!
LOVE these little snow bunnies.
We had SO MUCH SNOW that I said to Ryan, you should really build them an igloo!  I always tell the girls, when it snows, how my dad used to build igloo's for us.  I feel like we haven't gotten a big enough (with the good snow) storm to do it, until NOW!  So, after contemplating he decided to do it.  So he started shoveling and shoveling and shoveling to make the huge pile. 
Husband/father/steamfitter/igloo maker....
I decided to take the girls in the back to sleigh ride a bit so he could build without them jumping all over the pile.  This makes me LOL, Mya with the sled in one hand and beach pail in the other.
so much snow!
Mya was having fun shaking this tree and just sitting under it to get all snowed on. 
AND.....the igloo has been hand crafted!!!!
It is freaking awesome!  Ry did such an amazing job.
WHOOOHOOOO!!!!!
When Mya first saw it she said, but daddy, I wanted 2 entrances....REALLY KID?  But Ry didn't hesitate and made a 2nd entrance.
chillin
Helping daddy finesse it.
Ash was busy eating snow.
How freaking awesome is this?!!!
We even had a snack in the igloo.
The next day, back to work.  Mya was taking pics out the window on our way to Marys.
Another day, another snow storm!
SOOOO, some more snow time!
I mean, can you even take these eyes?!
I had to stop and take this pic, just looks so beautiful to me.
Literally this is how February felt....the entire month!
Just when you think it's done, it starts again!
SOOOO....today is supposed to get up to 60.  It's Tuesday the 11th of March.  Thursday, it's supposed to snow!  Go figure!

No comments: