Tuesday, March 25, 2014

a few days off with my girlies

It's always so refreshing to have a few days off with my girls.  Mary and Joe went to Florida for a wedding in mid February (yes I'm THAT far behind!).  Luckily, Mags was able to watch them one day so I only had to take 2 days off, THANKS MAGS!  Although I would have loved to take all 3, I like to save days for the warm, summer months, when we can hit up the beach, or even just play outside more. 
Anyway, I was more than happy to wake up and not have to rush around getting 3 people ready and out the door in time.  The girls LOVE helping out in the kitchen.  I've actually started letting Mya use a butter knife to help cut fruit.  She is so careful and I obviously stand right next to her.  She loves making fruit salads, so that's what she basically does.  She'll cut the strawberries, bananas and any of the other soft fruit.  First thing on my first day off, we had breakfast and the girls wanted to make their fruit salad.  Can you even take this?!!!  I sure can't!
A quick trip to Target with my favorite mini's.
The weather happened to be AMAZING!  Ash was tired, so we decided to take a walk.  Ash loves going for walks in the stroller, she'll zone out or pass out.  Mya wanted to push, my helper, she really is SO helpful, we're so lucky.
Of course, Ash wanted out of the stroller when we got to Daddy's car and Mya was playing by it.  Yes we still had LOADS of snow.
We decided to change our shoes so they could really play in it and jump in some 'muddy puddlesssss.'
I can't!
She couldn't get to the puddles fast enough.
LOVE her little profile.
Getting ready for the jump.
My favorite feet.
sisters are the best.
Mya leading the way to head back to daddy's car.
Ash, more than happy to follow.
Trenching through the mounds of snow.
All smiles.
This girl is getting so big.
sissy love on daddy's ride.
This kid was on a hunt for more muddy puddles!
Getting ready for her big jump...
LOVE this kid.

CHEESE!
Prepping dinner for the fam.  MMMMMM, on that health kick and feeling great!
On my day home on Monday, I got to bring Mya to school.  So of course, we got back early to spy on her.  They were playing 'all around the number' (like all around the mulberry busy, but using numbers).  Mrs Worobey would bring 2 students up and one would be the monkey and one would be the weasel.  Each student got 2 turns.  Mya was a weasel on her first turn.  It was her 2nd time around and Mrs Worobey asked her what she wanted to be, she said a monkey.  Ana Julia (the girl she's going with) said she wanted to be the monkey.  So Mya said, it's ok you can be the monkey.  I was so proud that she did that!  YAY MYA! 
And a little video of it too. 

Little Miss Ash playing in the kitchen while Mya was in school.

I had such a great few days with my girls.  They truly rejuvenate me when I'm able to be home with them.  They keep me young!  I feel so blessed to have the 2 of them.  They make you realize that it's the little things in life that matter the most.  Not the amount of money you have, not the things you have in your home, but the love that they give, the love that I feel when I am with them.  They just make my heart smile and for that, I am truly grateful.  Thank you for always putting a smile on my face, mama loves you more than you'll even know....xoxo

No comments: