Tuesday, August 14, 2012

weekend wrap up

Maybe if I just do one long post for the weekend it'll be easier. Let's give it a whirl. Last weekend was fun, as usual in the summer. Friday we did our typical Leonhardt pool day. Didn't take too many pics and all are with my phone. But I did get a rad video of the slip n slide fun we had. No, I'm not posting the one of me slip n sliding, I'm sure no one wants to see all that jiggle! YIKES! But the girls were super cute. And of course the friggin video won't upload, GRRRR!
We did tubbies together and here are the girls in their matching Aurora night gowns, love them!

Saturday we headed up to the Turtleback zoo. It was our first trip this summer and super fun!

Love the sisterly love. Mya always making ging laugh.

We started on the train since it gets crazy later in the day and we got there right around 10am.

After the train, which the girls loved. I thought Ash would love it more, but since the nut case didn't take a nap on the way there, which we were bankin on, she just wasn't herself at first. I love the penguins, I mean really, how damn cute are they?!

Daddy checking out the prairie dogs, lol!

Mya had to do the same..

..and daddy helped Ash go up there too!

This was the first time we went through the butterfly exhibit, it was beautiful. And we were the only ones in there so we got to take our time. It was fun! Ry even caught 2 of them.


One landed on the stroller, so beautiful.

The wolves were mad close, didn't bother the girls at all. They were actually amused!

Then, no joke, 3 more came out and they all started howling. YIKES!

LOL

Ashley's not amused.

Mya took a pony ride on Shrek.

Than off to my favorite park, the birds! Ashley was super excited to be out of the stroller. This chick is a NUT!

so cute

Daddy showing Ash that we can hold the stick to feed them.

HEYYYYY

Mya was a little apprehensive at first. She would hold our hand as we held the stick and if the bird flew off, she'd just back.

Starring contest...

hiiii

Thinking the bird is actually going to jump onto her stick, which would actually lead to Mya jumping back so the bird would just fly away.

Love the colorful birdies.

Can I hold it?

As we were getting ready to leave, Mya finally got brave enough to actually hold the stick with the bird on it. Daddy got one for her, she HAD to have the white one. They were walking over to show ging and I.

So proud!


LOVE LOVE LOVE the jaguar...

Check out the size of the paws on that cougar!!!!

LOL

LOVE the leopard..

If you girls sit right here and smile, we'll get you an italian ice. SCORE!

Love this wild haired chickie...

LOL

Ice cream on Saturday night...LOVE Thomas Sweets!

funny faces

Sunday we hit up Asbury, normal weekend ritual. This time we went with our neighbors. The girls had a blast!

Seriously, this girl cracks me up!

This happened, Ash actually fell asleep on the beach. NEVER happens, like NEVER NEVER! Since I wasn't feeling 100% I was more than happy to relax with her in my arms, under the umbrella, for a good 40 minutes. Thanks little peachy pie...


Don't judge us cause we went to Thomas Sweets again...it's the summer you know.

Daddy lets the girls come into the front seat sometimes to "drive" when we get into our development. My dad used to do the same thing. Check out those delts!

Ash wanted to come too.

Good times. We leave for NC tomorrow and I can't wait for a weeks vacation. We haven't been on a long vaca since our honeymoon almost 5 years ago!! I can't wait to see my 2 little girls having the time of their lives on the beach everyday for a week! I remember family vacations growing up and have such fond memories of hitting up NC for a week down in Sunset Beach. I'm so happy to be starting traditions like these with my little family.

No comments: