Monday, May 21, 2012

30 friggin years old

SO, I guess I'm 30 now! Where did those 30 years go??? I can remember being 16 and thinking 30 was like 100 years old. Now I think of 30 as the new 20. Life just keeps getting better. As long as I'm growing old with my family, I don't care how many wrinkles, stretch marks or age spots I get. However, I'd really appreciate not getting any of those (too late, I know!). So, this year was 30 and Ryan and the girls really made me feel extra special and loved. My birthday happened to fall on a Thursday. I was in NY that day for work. It was a beautiful day out and we did some shopping in the morning. After shopping (work shopping of course) we had an awesome lunch at Lidia's restaurant, Becco. It was amazing, we had a tasting of 3 pasta dishes and were so stuffed when we left. I got home and Ry surprised me with this!

He left work early and decorated the house for me. It was so so so sweet. Ry invited a few people over for dinner and cake that night too. It was so fun.

Of course Tony had to get into the tunnel too.

Me and my bean

silly kissy face

My girls helping me blow out the candles.



Trying to get Ash to blow them out. We were trying to prep her for her birthday, we randomly sing happy birthday to her (without any candles) and she blows like they're there. Well now that the lit candles are there, she was entranced by the fire.

I love my fam

Uncle Frankie holding sweet little Ava

bean

Clearly, Ashley is ready for some cake smashing. She was sitting with me while I was eating my cake and wanted to taste it. Of course, I let her taste it. She liked it so much, she smashed her face into it! I have feeling she's going to be smashing her face into her birthday cake!!!

love her

sharing with Nunu

look at that face

Honey and her baby Joey, love him.

Mya took her earrings off and let Dewey wear them. I love how he's just sitting there so naturally in them!

Ava and her mama

T feeding his grandson.

This was so funny. Ash had Alexis' phone and was laying there with it. It literally looked like she was texting on it, with her feet in the air, so funny!

SO, Ryan also (tried) throwing me a surprise party. I say tried cause I knew about it (poor guy). However, I knew nothing but the date. He had sent out a facebook invite and somehow it sent a status update reading, "Liz's Surprise 30th Birthday dinner, Saturday, May 12th." Little did he know that it was a status update. I just so happened to be on facebook when he did it. So I immediately responded and said, I'll be there! He was so mad that it happened but I swore all that I saw was the date. And it is, that's all I knew. I had no idea where it was, who was invited or any of the details.
May 12th rolls around and I had been trying to think of where it was going to by. My only thought was Girasole, cause it's my favorite restaurant. However, it's SO hard to get reservations there for a Saturday night. So I really didn't think he'd be able to get a large group of people there for a Saturday night. We left home and headed towards 287, that's when I knew it was Girasole. Than he went a long, out of the way way, just to throw me off! Good job babe!
When we got there, I was amazed at all the people that were there. I was taken back by the decorations, the love and the feeling that I felt when I walked in! I truly am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.
Here is the dessert table. Ry remembered, when we were at So so's birthday party in February that I LOVED the cake. It was from a bakery in PA. He ordered it and Eric went and picked it up that morning, thanks E! The cupcakes were SLAMMIN, the cookies were TO DIE FOR and the chocolate covered oreos were BANGIN! My favorite part of the entire thing was the scrap book. Some of my closest friends and family made special pages and put it all together in one book. I've been looking through it so much since I've gotten it.

My favorite flowers, picked from Eric and Charity's yard. Just beautiful!

All the details, Char, you are a maniac and I love everything!



My 3 amazing friends who put this all together with my mom and Ryan. I love you guys so so much.

SLAMMIN!


Love you mom and dad

Surprise everyone, I KNEW! haha

Me and one of my oldest and dearest friends, Regan. Love you girl

With my girlies.

Making my wish.

Kel, who is due in the beginning of June came after a wedding. Kel is another one of my old and very close friends. Love you girls

Thank you all so so so much for making my 30th birthday unforgettable. Age has never really bothered me much and I think it's because when I'm surrounded by so many amazing friends and family members I don't really care growing older. Each year has gotten better and better and I know that this year is no different. Thank you to everyone who helped with my party and for everyone who came out. I love you all so much and hold a special place in my heart for each and every one of you. I never knew life would be this perfect when I hit 30! Now I'm finally in that next age bracket ry, the 30-100 one, lol...love you

No comments: