Tuesday, October 5, 2010

pee pee on the potty!!!!

So I know I still have to update with this past weekend but I can't even contain myself, Mya went tinkle on the potty tonight for the very first time!!!! I couldn't even believe it. Every night before tubby time, when we've stripped her down, I ask her if she's gotta go potty and she'll usually go over and just sit on it. She has never peed or done anything, just sitting on it, from time to time she'll even throw my bracelets and necklaces in there, or stand on it like a stool. Well tonight we were hanging in her room and I took off her diaper. She hadn't peed in a while (her diaper was dry when I took it off) so I decided to just bring the potty into her room, just in case she wanted to surprise us. After a few minutes I said, Mya do you have to go potty? She went over, like she usually does, sat down and made this pushing face, I thought dude, she's about to do something. All of the sudden her potty starts the song (she has a potty that when you tinkle in it, it makes a song), I couldn't believe it!!!!! She got up and Ry and I started cheering like she just won a gold metal in the Olympics!!!! She was 100% rewarded with an ice pop and we were just SOOOO excited!! What a HUGE milestone!! I mean I know this isn't her being potty trained by any means, but it's a huge step in the right direction and I'm SO thrilled!!!! God I love this child!!!
And cause you KNOW I had to get a pic!!!!

No comments: