Monday, October 18, 2010

apples anyone???

Saturday was a fun day, well besides the fact that Ry had to work. He just got on this new job that is 6, 11 hour days, BOO!!! So he leaves the house at 5:15 and doesn't get home till 6:30, more like a 13 hour day I guess. Good overtime but at the same time, it's not fun when he's the one falling asleep on the couch at 8pm, that's usually me! I also got a new job, I'm still at good ole Van Heusen, but now I'm the Assistant Buyer in Dress Shirts! It's been alot of fun so far! I'm happy to be in a new position in this company after 4.5 years. Time to learn new things and challenge myself!!! And Nona, you'd be so proud of me, I'm following in your footsteps (well sort of). She used to be a buyer at Hechts for the bridal section (right Nona?).

Back to this weekend and Saturday when we went apple picking. Growing up, my parents used to take us apple picking every year. I can remember it like it was yesterday, we'd get all bundled up, smash apples (applesauce as my dad called it) and climb on my dads back to reach the high ones. We'd eat a few apples as we walked through the trees picking them and we'd lug about 30 apples home. My mom would make apple pies, apple crisp, you name it, we had it! It was so fun and a very fond memory. When my parents called me last week asking if they could take us, I jumped at the offer and got all excited about making this tradition. Ryan had to work, boo, but we still went! I got her all bundled up and off we went as soon as she woke up from her nap! What a fun fun day!!!!

Let's pick some apples!!!

MMMMMM

Cutest girl at the farm!


She was having a blast. Was more intrigued by the apples on the ground than on the tree though, it was funny.


Applesauce, my dad always says this as he steps on an apple to smash it up!

Toss it in mama!

Obsessed with the apples on the ground, YUCK!

My mom wanted an apple at the top of the tree. My dad got it for her OF COURSE, good man!

LOVE IT!
I love this pic, so cute!
All this apple picking, time for a smoke break.

I got another one...

..and I got a buggey too!


Look mama, an apple.

Ryan's favorite are winesap and that's what we were picking. So I said to her, ok Mya you have to get an apple for daddy. She walks over and pulls it off!!!! SO CUTE!!! We clapped and she dropped it on the ground, no worries we got it!

Doing a little dance.
They had a few pumpkins too so my mom took her to see them...

and she picked the one she wanted.

LOVE THESE SHOTS!


My favorite shot of the day!!! LOVE THIS GIRL!!

Mya are we all done?? Sure I guess!
What a good time. Next year Ry will have to be with us!
Now if anyone has any good apple recipes, send em my way. I made apple crisp, MMMM, it was good!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so darn cute! I can't even take it. Willie is gonna be chasing her around in no time, lol.. And her outfit is adorable!! Looks like you guys had a great time, what a nice tradition to start :)