Monday, June 4, 2012

Could this really be happening????

Mya starts preschool in September! Like really??? I can still remember the minute she was laid onto my chest for the first time in the hospital. It's like that was yesterday but I can't remember life without her. How does time go by so much faster now that we've got these adorable little babies? Well, not so much babies anymore, though they'll always be my babies.
So, I signed Mya up for preschool in December. She'll be going to the same preschool that I went to as a child. This is the same preschool that my best friend, Rachel and I went to and met at. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Mya met her best friend there too?!!
Anyway, we had a little meet and greet there a few weeks ago. I didn't bring my big honkin camera, but I did snap a few (quite a few) pics with my iphone. How could I not???!!!!
Here we are right outside. She insisted on bringing her book bag! lol!

Mya is quite the shy one at first. That is until she opens up to you and doesn't stop talking. So, we go in and she's holding my hand. We were the 2nd ones there, so it was good that she wasn't overwhelmed. The second she saw the scissors and some craft stuff, she said, "Mommy look, scissors!" So I told her to go play and she got right into it.

It was so cute too. She was playing with the arts and crafts and the other little girl who was there, Lia, came right over to her. She said, "Hi I'm Lia, wanna play?" OMG it was the sweetest thing. That little girl wasn't shy one bit! Mya went with her and they went over to the dress up stuff. Mya put a astronaut hat on!

Than she started getting into the tool box with another girl.

Than the bunny, oh the bunny! This is bubbles, the class bunny. So cute and Mya was immediately in LOVE! The teacher went on to say that the students can bring him home for the weekends during school. Mya looks at me and said, "Mya bringing bubbles home today." Sorry kid, not today. This damn cage is bigger than our townhouse!

She was in love with how everything was her level....


Already moving in on the boys!

At the end of the meet and greet, the teacher, Miss Gleese (who was a doll), read the kids a story. Mya had to sit smack in the front.


At one point she even got up to read with her, lol!!!!

Than she sat nicely with little Lia.

How has she grown up so much? I was so nervous that she'd be attached to my leg the entire class, but she didn't. She went and mingled with so many of the kids. I'm still nervous for when I'm totally not there on the first day, but I know that she'll be fine after a few days and will absolutely LOVE it! And we've been reading this book, My Preschool (thanks Auntie Char) every night and she keeps telling me, Mya go to school all my myself! *TEAR****
I love you beany....

No comments: