Friday, January 21, 2011

Big Girl Bed

We have been talking about big girl beds, cribs and what we should do with Mya for a while, ever since I got pregnant actually. Do we buy another crib for the baby when Mya will be 2.5 years old once the baby moves into the crib? Do we buy Mya a big girl bed? We decided to bite the bullet and buy the cheaper of the 2, a toddler bed! Now Mya hasn't tried to get out of the crib (she has gotten out of the pack and play at Marys though!), but she LOVES her crib so I was really worried about how she would take the whole toddler bed thing. We went to the store to check them out. She was jumping up and down on them, having a great time! When we got hers in the mail on Wednesday, Ry put it together before bedtime. We had it all set up, and she was loving it! I didn't now if it was the newness that she loved. How is she going to stay IN BED all night, I thought? How is she going to stay IN BED just to fall asleep, I thought? Ryan puts her down these days. She's SO much better for him than she is for me. She'll have me reading to her, laying on the ground with her all night. With Ry, he reads 2-3 books, rocks her (some nights for a minute), lays her down and she's fine! Really Mya, THANKS! I keep telling Ry it's cause she likes me better so wants to hang with me longer, lol! So anyway, tubby was over, I read her a book, put her pj's on and Ryan looks at me and says LEAVE! :( So sad I leave but think, how the heck is this gonna work??? Not even 10 minutes later, he comes down. I turn the monitor on, thinking I'll hear her walking around her room, screaming for us to come back up. Nope, NOT ONE PEEP! The tears start! Is she really growing up??? We go up to bed around 10:30ish and we both go into her room to check her out. Passed out, head still on pillow and she just looks SO STINKIN CUTE! The waterworks let out! I'm literally sobbing in there, where has my little girl gone? My little baby, who really is NO LONGER a baby! After about 10 minutes of me starring at her, Ry signals from the hallway to get to bed. FINE! I lay down and finally pass out. Around midnight we hear a THUD, followed by crying. OMG, she fell out!!!! I run in as fast as I can to find her on the ground, in tears. My tears start again. I scoop her up in my arms and take her into our room. Maybe this was for me. I cuddled up right next to her and we passed out! She's never really in our bed anymore so bringing her in that night brought me back to when she was a baby. The way she'd nuzzle up next to me. I could stare at her sleeping ALL NIGHT LONG! So maybe it was for me, but she liked it too cause she was out in no more than 2 minutes! I wasn't too happy when I woke up Thursday morning, stiff neck, head without a pillow cause the bean stole it and I'm literally hanging on for dear life on the little, sliver of space she has left for me. She literally turned sideways with her head on my ribs and her feet on Ryans!!! This child cracks me up!!!!!
So here she is before bed on Wednesday night!!

Last night was the 2nd night (Ry also mentioned to me that she napped in there yesterday too!). She went down great and got up at 2:45 screaming. She didn't fall, she didn't even climb out of the bed. I stroll in there when I hear the screaming and she's sitting up in her bed. What do I do?? You got it, I scooped her up and brought her into our room. Bad habit forming, I don't care. I'll break it tonight, maybe!!!!!

1 comment:

Regan said...

i cant go in to give gia her pcaifier when she cries bc i will immediately bring her in to sleep with us. she is too damn cute i cant take it when we sleep together.
awwww. keep doing it who cares lol.