Friday, February 7, 2014

wine weekend

Who knew Long Island had so many amazing wineries?  Ry and I really had no clue until one of my besties, Regan, went there with some of her girls last Spring.  I immediately wanted to go.  Once I saw another pic of her going with her hubs, I knew I couldn't wait any longer.  In October (I think around that time) Regan emailed me a living social deal that we both jumped on real quick to the hotel they stayed at, which included some extra stuff.  We decided to go in the beginning of the year, once Regan was done with her student teaching and they were also closing on their house, WHOOOHOO!
So, this past weekend we went.  Our wine tour began at noon, so we dropped the girls off to my parents house around 9:15.  I had never been away from the girls for an entire day plus night.  I knew they'd be fine at my parents but I also knew I was gonna miss the crap out of them.  Luckily they really love going there and were very excited so gave us kisses and turned around to bake with Nona! 
We got there in 2 hours and were all excited for the wine tour!  YAY!
 Regan and John used Vintage wine tours for their other visits so knew the lady, JoAnn would be amazing.  And she really was.  She picked us up at the hotel and it was the 4 of us and also a mother and daughter (so cute).  She told us about the 4 places she was going to bring us and off we went.
First stop was Sherwood House winery.  This place was awesome and was probably my 2nd favorite one.  It was so artsy with so many great pieces of furniture that Regan and I were drooling over.  Including this awesome paddle mirror...
 ....and amazing couch!  Of course the wine was really good too.
 Next stop was Pellegrini Vineyards.  This place was gorgeous.  They have weddings there and you can tell that, in season, the grounds are just amazing!  I also had my favorite wine here.  This was the winery that we toured and learned so much about the whole process of wine making, so so interesting and cool.
CHEERS!
 About to go check out the vines, that are about to be pruned for the season. 
Cuties...
 Love him
 So amazing how many rows and rows of grapes that grow here.  Also learned that the town we were in, Cutchogue, is the sunniest spot in NY, pretty cool. 
The vessels that the grapes go through the fermentation process in.  SO SO COOL!  But damn it was freezing in there!
 Then we went down to see the wine barrels.  It's crazy how expensive they are and it was really cool to see that most of them had a red stripe in the middle, which is from spillage when the wine is getting siphoned from the vessels (I can't remember if that's what they're called) to the barrels.
 Mr I can smell with both nostrils...LAME!
 Next stop was Bedell, which was cool.  The labels on their bottles were cool, lol!  The wine was just ok.  I was absolutely feeling good at this point.  
 Last stop was Martha Clara, which is a really big vineyard.  To be honest, I just thought this one was ok.  Compared to the look of the other ones, it was just much older and not as cool, lol!  But, fun fact, the vineyard was started by the owners of the Entenmanns family.  I was surprised, and kinda disappointed, that they didn't have any yummy pastries in there to snack on though! 
 Lots of wine....
 the guys
 Group shot

 The sunset looked awesome as we left.  This picture doesn't even do it justice.
 Sending a pic to my mom for the girls....
 ....and this is what we got back!  LOL!
 All ready for dinner.
 Love this guy.
 We went to this yummy restaurant, The Riverhead Project. 
 And some pics we got, while we were there, of the girls.  My mom took the girls to her gym to go in the pool.  Brave soul to take them alone, but she's got it under control!  She said they had a blast and Ash was kinda mad to be leaving after an hour of being there.
Dewey got home from work so they went outside to roast some marshmallows.
 At dinner Mya had Frankie put on a tie, cause it was a date!  SO CUTE!  After dinner my mom said that they danced in the living room and Frank was dipping her and all!  I love it!
 We had such a great time.  We missed the girls but it was so nice to have some alone time.  Thanks mom, dad and Frank for all your help.  And thanks to Regan for pretty much setting it all up.  Love you guys!  xoxo

No comments: