Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

Mya's very first Christmas tree!! We decided (well I guess I really did) that we were gonna go to a farm to cut it down this year instead of our usual Burger King parking lot tree. At first Ryan thought I was crazy, maybe cause he knew he'd be the one doing all the work of cutting it down and lugging it (I guess he was right). I can just remember going with my family as a kid to get our Christmas tree, it was so fun picking it out and having my father cut it down. A family tradition that I wanted us to have too! We started at the Wolgast farm and it was TERRIBLE. They had all these trees that were short and fat with the long needles. We didn't know how they sold ANY cause they were SO oddly shaped. We prefer Douglas Firs (or really any with the short needles). Mya was sleeping the whole time we were there which also bummed me out. I wanted her to be part of it and to see all the trees.



So we left, I said to Ry, you win, lets go to Burger King and get one. I let him lead the way (he was in Uncle Joe's truck ahead of me). He saw a sign right down the road for another farm and to my surprise he turned!! I was SO excited, totally made my day. And in we pulled to Harris Farm!!!!
We drive in and notice all they have are short needle trees, BINGO!! I open the door to get Mya and she's awake!!! Turned out to be the PERFECT day and we found our baby girls very first Christmas tree!!!


No comments: